March 3, 2009

Tuesday thoughts

Greetings, Dear Readers! I have posted the latest 5-day QPF forecast above. You can see that California once again is getting all the action. I clicked around through the NWS National Warning map graphic and I found this snippet: "THE STORM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRING TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2-3 FEET TO THE REGION...ESPECIALLY ABOVE THE 5500 FOOT ELEVATION." That's pretty cool language!

We've been having various varieties of rain in Idaho Falls today. It's been like a whole progression of all the types of rain. None of them have been hard rain--just different varieties. It's been fun. We've had rainbows, too. It was clear at lunch and Susun and I ate outside on the patio of a fancy restaurant. It felt hot. But then the weather changed later in the afternoon and it was too cold and windy to go feed the geese on the greenbelt near the Falls. Go figure!

By the way, if you haven't been over to Spaceweather.Com, you really ought to make a visit tonight. There's a Solar Prominence that's pretty dazzling right now. I won't bore you with the details. Just go visit Spaceweather's link in the left column and see for yourself. be sure to click through the various links--it's impressive!

The Snake River here went ice free at the Falls today. All the local tongues were wagging about it. People pay more attention sometimes that I tend to give them credit for. Now that I can see actual real open water I am trying to think of a way to pry our frozen canoe out of the glacier beside the garage and get it on the water. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Well, there's lots of weather to enjoy, so ENJOY IT!

No comments: