February 26, 2009

Site Stats

A couple of weeks ago I decided to put a "site monitor" on this blog. I wanted to know if people were really reading the blog. Once in awhile, I get a comment but not very often, as you know. So, I wanted to know if I was writing into a vacuum. The last two weeks of statistics tell me that this blog has a fairly regular readership. It looks like a couple of dozen readers visit the blog each day. That's really cool!
THANK YOU, Dear Readers, your visits are appreciated. Your visits also help provide some inspiration to keep improving the sidebar on this blog to provide you with a "one-stop-shopping" experience for your "big picture" weather prognostication needs.

The stats package I chose comes highly recommended. It's called Site Meter and you can click here to review its overall operation. Here are the stats logged since I installed the monitoring scripts:

Visits

Total .......................... 235
Average per Day ................. 23
Average Visit Length .......... 1:30
This Week ...................... 158

Page Views

Total .......................... 523
Average per Day ................. 40
Average per Visit .............. 1.8
This Week ...................... 281

1 comment:

Silver Fox said...

Good stats! Now I'll have to watch what I'm saying, although Sitemeter almost never locates me correctly.