April 1, 2009

Leave it to Spaceweather!


Hi, it's April Fool but this is NOT an April Fool post here. I came onboard to post up about the West Pacific water vapor patterns. While I was on the blog site I decided to look around at the link and so forth. I visited Spaceweather. And wouldn't you know it--they are the ones who finally have a map of the sulphur gas dispersal from Redoubt. They couldn't care less about weather impacts, they are only looking for spectacular sunsets. Whatever. Visit Spaceweather for some awesome reporting on both ash and gas. In the above GIF-clip, it's the red pixels that are sulphur gas. I tried to copy their animated GIF of this gig but I couldn't. You will have to visit Spaceweather to find it. Good luck--it really shows what's happening as redoubt huffs and puffs and spits earth guts into the sky. This is cool stuff! (Like, REALLY!)

No comments: